Thursday, December 29, 2011

Insomnia.

Yesterday night, I felt really guilty for watching Skins on my iPhone underneath my bed comforter until 2am, so I was lying in bed and thinking about what a failure I was, since I also put off reading my English assignment. I slept in my parent's bed after disturbing them an hour later, and I slept at the edge of the bed until my mom told me to sleep in between them, facing the other way. Oddly, my dad's snoring was reassuring and I felt safe in the world again, loved. Then when my dad got up early to go to work, he was doing this leg-exercising thing or he was just trying to fool around because he was swinging his leg at my blankets. When he left, up until then I have been sleeping without a pillow because their mattress is a lot softer than mine, but my head was starting to ache so I escaped to my room and grabbed a pillow anyway. 
Now I have 70 pages to catch up on this boring science fiction novel, but what I love about morning time is that I never feel too guilty, because looking outside at a bright day is reassuring that you have all the time in the world... That is what a chronic procrastinor believes in. But I think it is time to spruce up, because I have to start studying again, since we are starting the chemicals unit in science and I think that is my weak point.
x Yam

No comments:

Post a Comment